Date – Wednesday 13th June 2018
Times – Times will be allocated once entry has closed.
Venue – Beeslack High School, Penicuik
Who – Primary 6 and 7 pupils
- Have fun!
- Promote alternative physical activity in the outdoors
- Provide an opportunity for pupils to compete in the sport of cycling
- Further increase pupils’ understanding of riding a course, using gears and brakes
- Experience skills for learning and skills for life
- Promote cycling as a mode of travel to school
- Meet pupils from other schools
Events – Cross-country race (700m) and a Skills competition
Numbers – 8 to 33 pupils in a school team
Equipment – All technical equipment (bikes, helmets, gloves) will be provided. For what to bring see HERE.
Costs – £2 entry fee per rider
Transport – Schools to arrange transport independently.
It is National Bike Week 2017 during the week of the festival so why not get involved and raise the profile of cycling within your school and local community.
This event is being led by the Midlothian Outdoor Learning Service with some tremendous support from RUTS/Upower, Active Schools Midlothian, Sustrans, Scottish Cycling, Midlothian School Travel Plan Co-ordinator, Midlothian Cycling Club, Scottish Bike Trial Club, Scottish Schools Cycle Speedway, plus staff and pupils from Beeslack HS.